Richmond Dive Club June 2022 Membership Meeting
Tuesday, June 14, 2022
Meeting held at O'Toole's Restaurant and Pub, Forest Hill Ave. Richmond and virtually via Zoom.
Club President, Jim Dacey began the meeting at 6:59 pm.
- Jim asked members about any recent trips.
- Jim discussed the upcoming Diver Days for Friday and Saturday with overnight camping on Friday night. A change from typical Diver Days.
RDC BYLAWS REVISIONS
- Jim made a motion to adopt the bylaw changes as distributed to the membership at the May Membership Meeting. The motion was seconded, and a vote was held. The vote was unanimous among the members present to adopt the bylaw changes as were proposed and the motion carried.
- Jim discussed the scuba gear swap meet being held in the back meeting room of beginning at 6 pm.
- Discussed the dates of RDC Diver Days for 2022.
o Friday, 6/17 (Camping Night)
o Saturday, 6/18
o Wednesday, 7/13
o Sunday, 7/24
o Wednesday, 8/10
o Sunday, 8/28
o Sunday, 9/18
THANKS TO OUR BOD
- Jim Dacey
- Bart Drummond
- Debi Moir
- Larry Knorr
- Warren Bowman
- Jim covered the beer pouring fundraiser at the Anthem Corporate Run.
- Low turnout of members, but those in attendance had a good time.
THANK YOU TO RDC CORPORATE SPONSORS
- Tri City Scuba
- Lake Phoenix
- Brunswick Scuba
- Fluvanna Dive Center
- The Dive Shop
- NEW CORPORATE SPONSOR! Dive Connections
UPCOMING CLASSES AND EVENTS
- A PSI Tank Inspection Class being held at Tri City Scuba on July 23. Cost is $300
- Dive Connections will be offering NC Wreck Dives. 3 nights/ 6 dives. $745.00 Aug 26-28, Sept 23-25.
- $7,788.13 currently in the bank
5-MINUTE TIPS FROM FLUVANNA DIVE CENTER
- Discussed dump valve locations on various BCs and the best ways to utilize them.
- Discussed Regulator Parts
o User Adjustable Breathing Control
o Venturi Control
o Pre-Dive/ Dive Lever
SCIENCE MUSEUM OF VIRGINIA PLANET SHARK
- Larry discussed the Planet Shark exhibit at the Science Museum of Virginia.
- $21 entrance fee with $10 fee for Planet Shark exhibit.
- Larry inquired of the group regarding interest in a surface interval between 5-8 pm to visit the Planet Shark exhibit for only $10. Email and details to follow.
Business meeting ended at 7:37 pm.
- Sabrina Garcia, a Marine Biologist with the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, gave a presentation based on her work in studying the Salmon Shark in Alaskan waters.
The next meeting will be held on July 12, 2022, T at 7 pm, with the meeting also broadcast virtually on Zoom.